Lobster Mac N Cheese
- 8 oz. your favorite macaroni (I use elbows)
- 16 oz. half and half or whole milk
- 8 oz. shredded Sharp Cheddar Cheese
- 4 oz. cream cheese
- 2 oz. shredded Asiago
- 4 oz. grated fresh Parmesan
- 4 oz. Gruyere cheese, shredded
- 1 lb. lobster meat, chopped
- ½ cup breadcrumbs
- 2 small garlic cloves, minced
- 1 large shallot, minced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
METHOD OF PREPARATION:
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- Cook your macaroni but make sure NOT to overcook; they will be cooking a little more later. Drain pasta and keep it aside warm, if possible.
- In a double-boiler combine Cheddar, Asiago, cream cheese, 2 oz of Parmesan, and Gruyere and heat until blended, stir occasionally.
- Gradually add cream, stirring until smooth.
- Heat olive oil in a large sauté pan. Add shallot and garlic and sauté for about 2 – 3 minutes. Add lobster meat and sauté for about a minute (just heat up the meat).
- Add pasta to your lobster mixture and then add your melted cheese sauce and salt and pepper. Mix well!
- Place it all in a casserole dish, sprinkle with remaining parmesan (you don’t really need more, but if you like cheese go ahead, go for it!), then top with breadcrumbs.
- Bake at 350 degrees for about 10 minutes or until bread crumbs are golden brown.