Grilled Yellow-Fin Tuna Steaks
Grilled Yellow-fin Tuna is an easy and quick dish that almost anyone can do. If you are trying to prepare this dish for the first time, simply be sure no to overcook the tuna because it can be a little tough and chewy.
- 4 Six to Eight oz. Portions of Yellow fin Tuna
- 1 Bunch of Fresh Thyme Stems Removed and Chopped
- 3 oz. of Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 Head of Garlic Peeled and Minced
- 3 oz. of Fresh Lemon Juice (2oz. if you use Fresh Lime)
- 3 Pinched of Salt (Sea salt is Great if you Have it)
- 2 Pinches of Fresh Ground Black Pepper
The tuna should be grilled over an open flame . If for some reason you do not have access to a grill, then a smoking hot frying pan will work.
- First thing is to light the grill and let it heat up.
- In a mixing bowl combine all of your ingredients, except for the tuna and mix very well with a whisk.
- Place the tuna steaks in a Tupperware container and cover with the marinade.
- Be sure to rub the ingredients into the fish real well, but be gentle with it.
- Let the fish sit for about 15 minutes in the refrigerator, but not too much longer or the lemon juice will start to cook the fish and it will be discolored.
- Once the grill is hot enough use some paper towels or a clean dish towel that you are not attached to and put a little bit of the oil from the marinade on it.
- Now using a pair of tongs, quickly and carefully rub the oil on the grill to keep the fish from sticking.
- Take your tuna steaks out of the marinade and using your hands rub off all the oil and other ingredients.
- Place the tuna on the grill for about 15 to 20 seconds then flip over. Cook for about 10 to 15 seconds and pull of the grill.
- For maximum flavor the tuna should be a little red inside, or at the very least, pink.