Shrimp with Cilantro and Lime
Cilantro and lime make this simple shrimp dish outstanding. Serve this over rice or with a salad. Shrimp is one of my favorite skinny foods to cook with. It’s packed with protein, low in calories, and cooks in minutes which is great when you need a quick delicious meal.
Servings: 4 • Calories: 198 • Fat: 4g • Protein: 36 g • Carb: 2.5 g • Fiber: 0.1 g
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 2 lb shrimp, shelled and deveined
- 6 cloves of garlic, crushed
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 lime
- salt and pepper
- Heat a large frying pan on medium-high heat.
- Add oil to the pan, when hot add shrimp.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- When the shrimp is cooked on one side, about 2 minutes, turn over and add garlic.
- Sauté another minute or two until shrimp is cooked, careful not to overcook.
- Remove from heat.
- Squeeze lime all over shrimp and toss with cilantro.
- Serve hot.