Battered Grouper with Banana Lobster Butter Sauce
- 4 Each 8 oz, Grouper Fillet’s
- 4 oz. of Fresh Minced Lobster Meat
- 2 Whole Limes, Juiced
- 1 Small Yellow Onion, Diced
- 1/2 Stalk of Green Onion (Scallions), Chopped
- 3 lbs. of Salted Butter
- 1 Fresh Banana Peeled and Diced
- 1 lb. All Purpose Flour Seasoned with a Pinch of Salt and Pepper
- 6 Eggs Beaten in a Bowl
- 1/2 Gallon of Vegetable Oil
Method of Preparation:
- In a sauce pan slowly melt the butter and set aside. In a large pot, place the oil and heat to 350 degrees.
- The fish should be sprinkled with a little salt and pepper and soaked in the lime juice for about 2 minutes then place it in the egg batter. While the oil is heating and butter is melting, grab another small sauce pan and on medium heat, sauté the onions and minced lobster meat with a touch of the melted butter for about a minute, then add the chopped scallions and stir.
- At this time turn off the stove and remove the sauce pan from the heat. Once the butter has totally melted in the other sauce pan, pour it into the mixture of onions and lobster, but try not to get any of the milk solids that have settled to the bottom of the pan.. It’s okay if some gets in.. Now add the diced banana and stir. Sauce is done. When the oil is hot enough, coat the fish with the seasoned flour and gently add to the oil. Fry for about 5 to 7 minutes depending on the thickness of the fish. Place on a plate and ladle with sauce. Be sure to stir the sauce really well so you get all the goodness at the bottom.