Spicy Tuna Crunch
This recipe is super easy and fun. You will want to deep fry the finish product at 350 degrees if possible, or you can just pan fry it on the stove. Either way is good, but deep frying will speed things up quite a bit.
- 1 Bag of Wasabi Powder (Can be bought in Any Oriental Market)
- 4 Each 8oz. Tuna Steaks
- 1 Box of Panko Bread Crumbs (Japanese Bread Crumbs)
- First thing you want to do is wash off the tuna steaks and place them in the refrigerator.
- Next mix about half the bag of wasabi powder in a mixing bowl with cold water. About 10 oz of water should do, but you need to get the right consistency.
- You are looking for a batter that the Tuna can be dipped into. The thicker the batter, the more spicy it will be, and the thinner the less spicy. Totally up to you.
- Mix the Wasabi batter and once you have the consistency you want, then place the Tuna Steaks in the Batter.
- While the Tuna is soaking for a Minute, place the Panko Bread Crumbs in a Bowl and get the Oil ready, whether it be in a Deep Fryer or on the Stove.
- Remove the Tuna from the batter and let it drain well before placing in the Panko.
- Bread the Tuna well and place on a plate and repeat process until all Tuna Steaks have been breaded.
- Now place the Tuna Steaks in the Oil just long enough to get the bread crumbs crispy and Golden Brown.
- You definitely want to try and serve the Tuna Rare, because it will dry out if it is over cooked.
- This goes well sliced and placed over a Fresh Salad, or it even makes a Great Tuna Sandwich with a Kick!